Next, here is part two of my three part post for my sweet Liebster Award! Thank you again Katia.
My answers to Katia’s questions:
- 1. Which one of your blog posts do you feel reflects you best?
This one is my funniest post https://thejoyofcaitlin.com/2012/12/07/dating-i-mean-finding-a-mom-friend-in-6-easy-steps/
and this one is very earnest and about personal growth, cooking, and reading too many articles on the internet https://thejoyofcaitlin.com/2013/01/08/life-sucks-and-then-you-grow/ so I think that pretty much covers it.
- 2. What’s your favourite blog?
- 3. 5 things that make you happy?
5. Delicious food
- 4. If you get to choose your own gift card, where would it be from?
H & M. Mama needs some new style!
- 5. What is your favourite place in the world?
Nachlaot, Jerusalem. The shuk, or the rose garden, or a roof top at sunset…
- 6. What’s your star sign?
Scorpio, but I used to pretend it was Sagittarius because I think they are nicer. So, now I don’t think you really need to know anything else about me. That pretty much says it all.
- 7. Did you ever overcome a fear? If not, what is the accomplishment you’re most proud of?
Yes, I overcome many fears every day, some small, some large. Then I write about it here to hopefully inspire someone else to do the same! Just off the top of my head, I am most proud of giving birth to my children, moving back and forth from the Middle East twice, learning to cook (especially to bake bread, I was afraid of that for a long time), to not hate myself or constantly pick apart what I see when I look in the mirror, to say how I feel even though it is terrifying, to be present with my loved ones and myself and my own feelings.
- 8. Which show should I watch? Why?
The New Girl. Because it is freaking hilarious.
- 9. When did you last laugh
I laugh a lot when I hang out with my kids, but my last real belly laugh was the night when our friends Zinta and Paul came over for dinner and regaled us with silly and sordid tales from their past. Also today, again courtesy of Zinta. Thanks, friend.
- 10. Your 3 favourite books?
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Fountainhead (I know, but I can’t help loving it), and The Book of New Israeli Food. I read them over and over.
- 11. Which mistake would you make all over again?
All of them. There may be a few memories that make me cringe, but I have no regrets.
Stay tuned for part three, my nominees and eleven questions for them to answer!