It has been a busy week or so, my Dad came to town and we took full advantage of his stay at the hotel across the street. I have never been so aware of the fact that we live in a tropical vacationland. We lounged at the pool and beach and I only cooked dinner once! We all got sunburned but playing in the pool with the kids was worth it. While we were here lounging, things were falling apart elsewhere. I have been so grateful for my sweet family safe in my arms.
A few kid highlights from the past week, in no particular order:
Ella took four steps today! (Toward Ben, of course.)
Ben learned to take breaths while he continues to swim, so now he can swim in water over his head. A whole new world opens up!
I learned that Ella (like Ben) shares my great love of hotels. As soon as we approached the entrance to Grandpa Jim’s hotel she would start clapping her hands with glee. Once we let her loose in the room she was content to crawl around, dump the ice bucket all over herself, stand next to the bathtub and play with the faucet, and any other mischief she could find. Happy as a pampered little clam.
Now, at long last, I will share with you my nominees for the Liebster Award!
Nope, just kidding. To make it interesting, I will share one a day for the next 11 days. I feel anxious making that statement, because I am making some sort of commitment and beyond my marriage I am a total commitment-phobe. However, I will remind myself that I managed to blog for 30 days straight in December. I can do this, right guys?
One of the criteria of the Liebster is that it is only supposed to go to a blogger who has fewer than 200 followers. My first nominee technically has 369 but I am a huge fan of her writing. It is wholly absorbing. So much so, that when I went to her blog to copy the address and check how many followers she has, I got totally sucked in and read 3 posts before I finally made it back here to finish what I was doing. She is an adventurer. She is honest. She doesn’t take herself too seriously. Her take on life is both familiar and totally new, which makes reading her blog feel like reading a letter from an old friend and watching performance art that makes you squirm a little, at the same time.
Without further ado, my first Liebster nominee is Melina from The Wilder Coast. Enjoy!
Melina, if you would like to accept my nomination, here are the rules:
- 1. The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- 2. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- 3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions given to you.
- 4. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
- 5. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- 6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- 7. No tag backs.
Even if you don’t want to accept the “award” please answer my 11 questions because I am super curious to discover a little more about you!
1. Where on earth do you feel the most yourself?
2. What is your favorite quality in a friend?
3. Best sandwich you ever ate.
4. Window or aisle?
5. Favorite mistake.
6. What is your dream date night?
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
9. Best advice ever given to you.
10. Worst advice ever given to you.
11. Best advice you can give.
See you tomorrow with my next nomination!