I have a lot of good advice to give, especially to my kids. Unfortunately, when I take a look in the mirror, I see that I don’t always follow my own best ideas.
1. I can often be heard telling Ben to “Sit down and eat like a human being, you are not a wild animal” while standing up eating something in the kitchen.
2. “You need sunscreen.” I tell my kids that they need it, but it has been an uphill battle to train myself to wear sunscreen every day now that we live in the sunshine state. I literally feel like a squirmy little kid inside when I have to slather it all over myself.
3. “You need lots of rest to stay healthy.” That’s what they say, so that’s what I say. Really I would like to stay up all night eating ice cream and watching movies. I manage to convince myself to get in bed by 11, most nights…
4. “Sugar makes you crazy.” My son happens to be very sensitive to sugar, and when he gets some, his eyes get all wild, he starts speaking gibberish, and usually his sister gets hurt somehow. I however am not sensitive to sugar…in that way. I just get totally irritable and grouchy after eating it. Which is clearly much more fun to be around!
5. “Take a deep breath.” When my almost five year old son is starting to freak out I sometimes ask him to pause and take a deep breath. Bless his heart, he almost always does. It doesn’t actually stop him from freaking out but I’m sure it doesn’t hurt to pause and get a little oxygen working. I wish I would stop and take a deep breath before I get upset. That would be really helpful. I think I’ll start now…
Back to the Liebster Nominees! Someone whose advice I am always willing to take is my friend Justine of Full Belly Sisters. She is a Certified Health Coach with a wealth of knowledge about nutrition and wellness, especially for pregnant and nursing mothers. When Ben was almost three I felt like I was stuck in a food rut. I felt a lack of confidence in my food choices and I was feeling kind of discouraged. I booked a session with Justine and she talked it through with me, helping me feel more confident with the choices I was already making, and inspired to try some new ideas. She is a great resource for mamas and really anyone looking to work on their health. Check out her blog for great recipes!
Justine, if you would like to accept the Liebster Award, here are the rules:
- 1. The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- 2. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- 3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions given to you.
- 4. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
- 5. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- 6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- 7. No tag backs.
Even if you don’t want to accept the “award” please answer my 11 questions because I am super curious to discover a little more about you!
1. Where on earth do you feel the most yourself?
2. What is your favorite quality in a friend?
3. Best sandwich you ever ate.
4. Window or aisle?
5. Favorite mistake.
6. What is your dream date night?
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
9. Best advice ever given to you.
10. Worst advice ever given to you.
11. Best advice you can give.
See you tomorrow with my next nomination!