Well, I did not keep up with my 11-days-in-a-row blogging idea! But, I am forgiving myself and moving on, because I have been doing awesome things! Including but not limited to: nursing my baby, cooking lots of food for Shabbat, reading stories with Ben, watching a terrible movie with Mo, going to the beach with friends, keeping both kids home for two days for “mental health days” (as my mom used to call them)… I have also been doing some less awesome stuff like standing in the kitchen flipping through Instagram and eating chocolate when I’m tired and need a break from my kids, instead of just sitting down with a cup of tea (not chocolate, I can’t eat that in front of the kids, then I would have to share!) and taking an actual break. What am I talking about? If I tried to sit down in the same room as them that probably wouldn’t work either. Next time I’ll just lock myself in the bathroom…
Nevermind. I’ll just keep standing up in the kitchen!
On the topic of how difficult and beautiful parenthood can be, I would like to share my next Liebster Award nominee! Tovah Kinderlehrer is a woman who has followed her dream from the city to the farm. She and her husband Micah have started a Kosher, organic farm in rural Pennsylvania, and she has been sharing the process in all its painful, wonderful, challenging, triumphant glory on her blog The Good List. I would like to thank Tovah for inspiring me to see the good in the every day, to be honest even when it is scary, and to forgive myself even when I feel like I have failed. Thanks for opening up your life for us to learn with you!
Tovah, if you would like to accept the Liebster, here are the rules:
- 1. The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- 2. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- 3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions given to you.
- 4. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
- 5. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- 6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- 7. No tag backs.
Even if you don’t want to accept the “award” please answer my 11 questions here in the comments or on your blog!
1. Where on earth do you feel the most yourself?
2. What is your favorite quality in a friend?
3. Best sandwich you ever ate.
4. Window or aisle?
5. Favorite mistake.
6. What is your dream date night?
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
9. Best advice ever given to you.
10. Worst advice ever given to you.
11. Best advice you can give.